I woke up this morning to a surprising nomination to a Beauty Blogger Tag. I don’t know how it started, but I guess it was a way to connect beauty bloggers. I don’t normally talk about beauty, but I’m happy to accept the nomination by TeeKay from The TeeKay Take. Her blog is also not about beauty, but I love her point of view on life. You should check it out.
Well, I’ve decided to take on this challenge and there are some rules to it:
The Rules for this Tag:
- Tag the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the questions you were given
- Nominate 10 bloggers whose blog is about beauty/lifestyle/fashion
- Mention 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Inform the bloggers you chose that you nominated them
Now that that’s out of the way. Let’s get started with the questions:
What is your go-to hairstyle?
A high-knot! I love how some people have the amazing ability to make their hair pretty and different every time, but I simply can’t. 😦 So I just tie my hair up in a big messy knot.
How often do you wear makeup?
Every time I leave the house! I looooove makeup. It is a great way to enhance people’s beauty. I like nice simple makeup and lots of mascara.
What is your favorite song/artist/album?
Well, I’m really into EDM. I love all electronic music. There’s something about that beat that makes me want to move. I can’t just pick the one song, or one artist… so I’ll pick three: (1) ODEZZA feat. Zyra – Say My Name; (2) Tycho – Awake; (3) Baths – Animals. None are super famous, but they all make me happy!
Who is your favorite blogger and/or youtuber?
I’m not a youtube person, but I really like Billy on the Streets. I’m fairly new to the blogging world, but I’ve recently started following this blog called Pixolog. I don’t know much about the author, but I know she’s from California and she loves all things design.
Why did you start your blog?
I started blogging because I needed to have some sort of goal in my current life situation. And funny enough, freaking out about stats is actually helping me not go crazy!
What are your favorite brands to recommend for makeup?
I hate spending money on stuff – especially now that I can’t work. So I go for good cost-benefit brands like NYX.
Out of cake/ ice cream/ chocolates, what do you prefer?
Oh… that’s a great question! I guess ice cream. But I do enjoy baking…. Uuuuu…. tough one!
What is your favorite beauty tip ever?
Use eyeshadow and an angled brush instead of eyeliner. It is much more versatile and easy to use.
Who is your Celebrity Style icon?
Her Majesty the Queen! I’m kidding… I don’t have a celebrity style icon… I like pretty things, and pretty people, but I guess I’m too old for a style icon. However, I do hope that when I’m the Queen’s age, I’ll be one of those super awesome Yoga grannies.
What are your favorite TV shows?
Downton Abbey! But it’s hard to pick just one these days. There are so many great shows on. The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt is hilarious; I’m counting the days for the new season of The Walking Dead; Grimm is also fantastic. In my free time I watch a lot of TV, these are only a few of the TV shows that I currently watch.
Great Questions TeeKay! Here are my questions to the bloggers who I’ll nominate. I’m going to try to make them as beauty-focussed as possible.
- Do you have a daily beauty routine? If yes, what is it?
- What’s your go-to outfit for a day trip to your favorite getaway?
- What inspires you?
- What’s the best soundtrack for a road trip?
- What’s the best outfit for a road trip?
- Do you have a “red pile” when doing laundry?
- When was the time you felt the most beautiful?
- Which do you like most: CATS or dogs?
- Who is your favorite person in the world?
- How do you keep yourself busy?
I’m not sure if I’ll make it to 10 nominees, but these all are blogs you should definitely follow:
- Pixolog – A blog about design and all things beautiful in the many different forms of art.
- Destination: Everywhere – A blog about traveling where you will find beautiful pictures and really interesting tips on what to do, especially if you’re thinking about Finland.
- Kimberly Ann Photography – This is a Project 365 blog (if you don’t know what it is, read my post on project 365). Here you’ll find how beautiful our everyday lives can be.
- The Stinky Backpack – Poetry and photography are beautifully paired in this blog about life.
- Meganqm1 – A blog as a means of communicating personal thoughts and a journey of self-discovery.
All of you who I nominated are bloggers that I think would enjoy a post like this, despite it not being your focus. Please, feel free to not carry on with it. But I hope you know that I really enjoy reading your blogs. I normally don’t do these chain sorts of things, and I’m not expecting this to be my most read post ever, but one of the things that I like about blogging is the idea of a blogging community, and that is why I decided to continue on the Beauty Blogger Tag.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope I got to show you a little bit more about me and how I feel about beauty. Do you have any beauty tips? I’d love to hear them from you. Please share them on the comment section bellow. And I’ll see you guys next time.